Wednesday, October 8, 2014

captain america cookies


To go along with the Captain America flag-inside cake that I made for my son Matthew's 7th birthday last week, I also made these cookies and individually wrapped them to hand out as favors (as well as for him to pass out to his class).

For the cookies, I made my super-simple sugar cookie recipe (recipe in my new book!), and used a large circular cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Once the cookies were baked and cooled, I whipped up a batch of royal icing (recipe also in the book!), divided it into three portions, and colored it red and blue (and left the third portion white). Then I used the stiff icing to pipe circles onto my cookies to form Captain America's shield logo.


I thinned out some of the icing, and used that to filled in the gaps with red, white, and blue runny icing. Once that dried overnight, I piped a white star in the middle, filled it in with white runny icing, and once that dried I piped a final white outline on the star.


You'd think it would be super easy since I was just piping circles instead of all the other cookie shapes that I've done, but I'd have to say that it's pretty hard to pipe perfectly round and well-spaced circles! Most of them turned out to be very wobbly circles!


Anyway, they still came out pretty cute, and Matthew and his friends loved them! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Dear blogusers,

    I would like to invite you to participate in a survey for my bachelor thesis, which is about participation in blogbased virtual communities on the internet.

    This is the link to my survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sdMatVGQ369v3WP7SgiMvIrMCfbqzUxTo0lq2kvXL_4/viewform?usp=send_form

    Thank you for your support,

    Wonni89
    Universität der Bundeswehr München

    ReplyDelete