Sunday, August 2, 2015

year of the goat (or ram) cookies



Along with these decorated egg cookies for my friend Selena's red egg and ginger party for her baby, I also made these Goat cookies, since it is the Year of the Goat! I again used my favorite sugar cookie and royal icing recipes, which can be found in my book, The Hello Kitty Baking Book, and for the cookie cutter I had my husband create me another custom copper cutter! He's so handy :)


Selena and I had decided on purple and red for the color of the cookies, since those are "lucky" colors for the Year of the Goat. Once the cookies had baked and cooled, I used stiff purple icing to pipe an outline of the goat, and then filled it in with runny purple icing.


Once that had dried for several hours, I used stiff red icing to pipe the Chinese character for "goat".


I thought they looked pretty cute as-is, but I decided to also add eyes with stiff black icing, which I regretted because afterwards I thought they looked like little dinosaurs instead of goats!


Oh well, they still looked cute :)


Happy one month, little Dominic!


1 comment: